National Service Scheme (NSS)
Personality Development of students through community service.
- The broad objectives of NSS are to:-
- Understand the community in which they work;
- Understand themselves in relation to their community;
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process;
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility;
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems;
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities;
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation;
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude;
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disaster and Practise national integration and social harmony.
College level Co-ordinators of the National Service Scheme (NSS) are
- Dr. Resmi Vijayan (Asst. Professor of Zoology)
The college has 2 NSS units with strengh of 300 volunteers during the year 2016-2017.